Register the change in address

You have to register the change of address at Bürgerdienste, respectively Bürgerdienste International during the first two weeks after you have moved into the private apartment. Please submit the completed Wohnungsgeberbestätigung as well.

Following departments also need your current address: your funding agency (Sozialamt or Jobcenter), your health insurance, Ausländerbehörde (foreigners' registration office), and court if there is an ongoing trail (for example Verwaltungsgericht (administrative court), if you have lodged an objection). Refugees also need to inform Bundesamt für Migration und Flüchtlinge (BAMF) (Federal Office for Migration and Refugees).

It might happen that you do not get your money or that an asylum application fails, if the administrative departments do not have your current address.

EU-Citizens: Bürgerdienste
City Centre
Südwall 2 – 4, 44137 Dortmund
MON, TUE, THU: 7.00 – 12.00 pm
Fr: 7.00 – 11.30 am and by prior arrangement
District Authorities
Aplerbecker Marktplatz 21, 44287 DO-Aplerbeck
Brackeler Hellweg 170, 44309 DO-Brackel
August-Wagner-Platz 2 – 4, 44339 DO-Eving
Hörder Bahnhofstraße 16, 44263 DO-Hörde
Harkortstraße 58, 44225 DO-Hombruch
Rahmer Straße 15, 44369 DO-Huckarde
Limbecker Straße 31, 44388 DO-Lütgendortmund
Am Amtshaus 1, 44359 DO-Mengede
Gleiwitzstraße 277, 44328 DO-Scharnhorst
MON, TUE, THU: 8.00 – 12.00 pm, FRI: 7.00 – 11.30 am and by prior arrangement
Refugees: Bürgerdienste International
Olpe 1, 44122 Dortmund
Entrance is inside Berswordthalle
Kleppingstraße 37, 44137 Dortmund
Stadthaus Dortmund, Gebäudeteil C
0231 5027132
MON, TUE und THU: 7.30 – 12.00 pm and by prior arrangement